Auroranlinnan osakehuoneistot


Water supply and drainage fittings and electrical equipments

The sockets in the bathroom and most of the sockets in the kitchen are earthed. You can only plug earthed devices or those with protective insulation into these sockets. Electrical devices must not be used in wet or outdoor spaces when plugged in to a standard socket in another room or space. For example, electric Christmas lights intended for indoor use, placed on a balcony, can pose a life-threatening hazard, especially if the cord runs inside. No bathroom sockets may be used whilst the bath or shower is in use.

Installation of and repairs to electrical devices may only be carried out by an installation engineer authorised by the relevant authorities. This obligation does not cover lightbulbs or fuses, including lightbulbs in the stove and fridge, that need replacing; the tenant should either replace these themselves or arrange for them to be replaced at their own expense.

Leaking taps or toilets that are constantly running must be reported immediately to the housing association’s defect notification number. Usually, the number is the maintenance company’s telephone service.

Please do not rinse food waste, fat, grease, coffee grounds, medicines or chemicals down the kitchen or bathroom drains. In addition to these, do not flush sanitary towels, nappies, cat litter or any other items down the toilet bowl. In particular, flushing debris and cat litter quickly leads to blocked drains. The tenant will be invoiced for the cost of unblocking the drain in such instances.

Tenants must clean the floor drain in their bathroom. If an unpleasant, drain-type odour occurs in an apartment, the cause may be a dried-out floor drain or disintegrated seal of the toilet bowl outlet. A dried-out drain trap can be restored to working order by flushing water into it. It is recommended to contact a maintenance company to clean the drain trap to avoid any damages.

Watch a video Cleaning the bathroom floor drain.
Video Bathroom fixtures and leakages.

Any leaking water taps must always be reported to the housing association via a defect notification.